Friday, February 4, 2011

Little bit of nothing

I love watching Let's Plays on youtube. I suck at video games, but I'm madly in love with the medium, and I have a lot of fun watching other people play.

I was quite excited to see someone take up a game called Paper Mario, one of the first games I ever beat and a long-time favorite.

Until I saw half the comments cheering at the player's description of Princess Toadstool as a "fat-bottomed bitch".

Thanks, guy. Thanks for killing any interest I had in watching your project because it's kewl to hate on the game's female character and calling her fat. It's a frickin sprite! Thanks for letting me know before I watched it that you were gonna make it nice and uncomfortable for me to watch.

It's silly, it's not going to ruin my whole day that I got disappointed by a Let's Play. But it's nice to know I have a blog I can let this out where people will understand why it's annoying, instead of throwing it on facebook and worrying I look like I'm over-reacting and over-sensitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment